Brake pads

5

Asked by Jul 26, 2009 at 11:12 PM

Just wondering if adding brembo brake pads to normal cars is practical and useful in day to day driving.

7,515

Dang it! I had written out a better explanation but it got lost when I tried to post... so cliff notes version... IMO, Not likely. brembo tends to specializes in performance products. High performance brake pads have two very undesirable characteristics for a street car. 1) Brake dust turns to a lovely grime on your wheels, and most performance compounds let off a lot of dust 2) They tend to squeal and be annoying as hell And frankly it doesn't take a lot of peddle effort to lock up street rubber in the first place, even with crappy pads. If I remember you asked a similar question not too long ago. A brake product manufacturer has some decent basic information on their website which you seem like you might find useful. http://www.bendixbrakes.com/techCorner/ Hopefully that will help some.

225

Other than what was said you don't really need performance brakes unless you're tracking occasionnaly. Just upgrade your pads to Hawk performance or something and maybe get slotted or drilled rotors and you should be more than ok