whats the fastest street legal car in america

Asked by Jul 19, 2009 at 09:28 PM

5

Off the line the Caparo T1 is the fastest 0-60 in 2.5 sec, and 0-100 in 5.0 sec, followed by Ultima GTR 0-60 in 2.6, followed by the SSC Aero TT 0-60 in 2.78 sec, followed by the Yeyron 0-60 in 2.9 sec (despite the over exaggerated acceleration and tops speed numbers which people claim, including magazines like road and track, car and driver, etc. which all misquote much faster times than actual tests conducted by Bugatti and private parties have shown), McLaren F1road car 0-60 in 3.2sec, Lotec C1000 0 -60 in 3.2 sec. In the area of top speed, (the Veyron needs to have its wings extended to stay on the ground otherwise its risks losing a substantial amount of grip and could fly off the road with its wings retracted its top speed i 251MPH with its wings retracted the tops speed is 231MPH), the McLaren F1 road car top speed is 241MPH, the Koenigsegg CCX top speed is 245MPH and the SSC Aero TT top speed is 256MPH, however the fastest car to my knowledge is the Lotec C1000 with a top speed of 268MPH Only 1 or 2 of these cars was said to be produced, however I don't know if I believe that.

35

sscultimate aero is the fastes street legal car in the world not just america and the veryon has 253 top speed

7,515

Yeah the Lotec was supposedly a 'one-off' (plus a prototype 1991) commissioned to be built. It's not exactly street legal and hasn't been tested at that speed(to my knowledge). Highest actual test speed I've heard of for it was 218 at Bonneville.. My guess as to why that's so much slower than, the assumed theoretical, top speed is that it was designed using a wind tunnel and the testing they did likely didn't have boundary layer control and their calculated drag coefficients are likely off do to that issue. But there is no way to know for sure... Awesome car though that I only heard about recently... too bad there isn't a lot of information on it. Kinda enigmatic