1999 Z/28 chevy caviler vs 1997 nissan maxima se

105

Asked by Jul 17, 2009 at 04:11 PM

one of my brother fiends thinks his cavy can beat my max in a drag race just wondering what everyone thought before i try to race him. its his second car in 2 months. dropped the tranny on a 90's civic trying to race in it

35

i owned a 98 maxima and provided enough pull on the straight aways. it depends what the gear pull is. if the cavy is a 5 speed it will win top end due to the max auto trans only having 4 gears but if the max has a 5 speed it will dominate no matter what the issue is... more low end and top end V6 torque on the max will provide a win in the end. the chevy's 2.2 liter has no power. so the maxima will win. i have a 2 years experience each in a GM and nissan dealership as a technician and i did 2 years tech school. and if its his second car then that explains alot...he cant race so as far as im concerned even if he had a ss camaro to race he would still lose cuz he cant drive for shit.