Is it just me, or have the Miura and the Ford GT (gt40) always looked similar?

15

Asked by Jul 14, 2009 at 08:43 PM

15

The designers were inspired by the layout of the Ford GT40.

15

cool, thanks

I always thought so too! If the designers were inspired by the Mira, they will never admit it! I've seen multiple shows on how the gt & the gt40 were designed and built, the guys involved are so busy patting them selves on the back about how the dreamed up the design n built it on a short deadline that I don't thing they would ever admit to it! To me it looks like they were , at the very least , inspired by the Miura! The gt on the other hand was designed to be just like the original gt40, just smoothed out a bit with a modern touch!

70,105

Cars of the same era tend to look similar. The GT40 preceded the Miura by about 2 years.