right tyres

155

Asked by Jun 25, 2009 at 12:08 PM

i need to know how i know the tyres am buying are correct and not wrong for my car. say i need replacement tyres for a 2004 toyota allion, how do i go about it and how does it tie in with the rims and rim size?
Thanks

25

look on the sidewall of your tires that are already on your car. it should look something like "LT235/85R16" or "P 215/65R15" its not gunna look like that exactly but that will tell you what tire you will need to get

7,555

Agreed, In addition there should be a sticker, usually on the driver's door or door frame, that should specify the original tire size and the recommended tire pressure for that size. But if you have aftermarket wheels, then that's not very helpful.

25

oh yeah, i totally forgot about that!! but then again i dont have aftermarket wheels

155

Courtney and Adam, thanks a lot for that. Would the markings be the same irrespective of the rim size though?

7,555

The markings on the tire will tell you what size that particular tire is, if you get new wheels you may need to get different size tires. Are you getting new rims?

155

Was a just a thought but I might actually get new rims if they go well with the car