Reflash computer for new TPMS

5

Asked by May 18, 2009 at 01:39 PM

I have new wheels/tires with new tire monitering pressure sensors. Was wondering how much/ where I could reflash the computer to read these new 400mhz sensors. thanks

75

Are these factory style sensors, or an aftermarket add-on? If you had a professional tire shop do the tire change, they should have the equipment to recalibrate the computer. Either the tire shop, or the dealership will be able to.

5

they were purchased from tirerack.com tire/wheel/sensor combo was mounted and shipped from them. I just got off the phone with them, they told me Dodge requires the dealership to reflash the comp, i will call a tire shop and see what they think, thanks.

75

What car are you putting these new sensors on? The car must be able to accept tire inflation sensors before Dodge will change the computer. If its something you're adding on then only Dodge will be able to change the computer.

5

09 dodge challenger, it came stock with sensors but I didnt want to remove them from the stock wheels/tires since they will be used in the winter.

75

ah ok. shouldn't be a problem then. Just keep in mind, you will need to recalibrate again in the winter when you switch to the old wheels.