is diesel better than gas

Asked by May 17, 2009 at 03:52 PM

6,675

for towing yes. i dont think its better for cars though. jsut trucks in my opinion

45

It is getting better and better with each evolution. Audi and VW are bringing over their clean diesel motors now and they are amazing whether they are in a sedan or an SUV. The same grunt that makes diesel great for towing can kick you in the ass when coupled with a transmission that is geared for speed. Look at Youtube videos of TDI A4's and you will see the torque and acceleration that the diese motors have. To top it all off, you get amazing mileage! I plan on getting the new A4 with a TDI as soon as it arrives in the States.

5

Diesels are also know for lasting longer because the turn at a lot lower rpms and dont burn near as hot.

15

derv cars are cheaper to run than petrol expecialy over longer distance and if their turbo go just as quick expcialy modern dervs! and theyv now managed to sort out that annoying derv rattle you use to get on older engines! but it all depends on what you want to use the car for? as a daily commuter car obviosly a derv is gonna be better but if its a performance car then use petrol. but with a bit of engine work dervs can be quick