what's the 3 best cars to DRIFT with ?

10

Asked by May 06, 2009 at 02:54 AM

25

Probably the japanese RWD cars are best for drifing, obviously, but why not euro/U.S RWD cars like BMWs, Mustangs etc..? but i would say that top 3 is: Nissan 200SX/Silvia (s13, S14, S15), Mazda RX-7 and Toyota AE86, but this is my list, people have their own opinions what is best car for drifting

10

You totaly right on that on, the japonese RWD are the best cars to drift with ! you have 4 cars on the 5 of my personal liste, i just add the Honda S2000 in.

15

gotta be the mazda rx7,nissan 240x,nissan 350z

6,675

look up the past 3 years of pro drift competitions. the best will show up in the top finishers. then you can pick your best 3

10

The 200sx and the 240sx is practically the same car, the rx7 is very good because of she twin turbo rotary engine ! But the 350Z is really to heavy to me, the V6 is not comparable to a good 4 cylinder, let's see if the 370Z will make me change my mind !!

10

you have so much defferent good cars in the pro drift competitons ( it's nice ) but it will not tell witch one is the BEST to drift with even if they won (and don't forget the drivers) level's !

6,675

well if thats the case why are you asking? if you think everybody is different for every car then shouldnt the question ask what are your favorite 3 drift cars not the best???

10

i ask just to have a different opinion ! everybody n the cars is different, but you need the best of both to have the best resulte... i don't think that some one need a specific RWD to drift but to be the best is a totaly different story. ( easy !!! the next question coming)

25

i dont think that nissan 350z is a good drift car but my top 3 are mazta rx7, nissan silva s15, and mitsubishi lancer evo viii

45

well i agree that japanese rwd cars are definitely up there, but really any car that has a good power-weight ratio will be good. For example, the toyota supra is a japanese drift car but who says that the new charger or a 2002 camaro can't drift? another american potential drift car is the pontiac firebird, one of the newer ones. but the top 3 for me would be the rx7, 300zx, and the m3.

25

yeah, american and european RWD cars are also good for drifting, like new Charger and M3. I'll add Toyota Chaser to that Best drift cars list ,thats quite rare and nice looking car, and Nissan Skyline ER34, the 4-door model.

I'll bet they're Mitsu Evo VIII, BMW M5 '90, BMW M3 '00.

5

toyota corolla a386!

Have you even driven half the cars you're naming to state that they are the best to drift?

285

The most balanced weight ratio front to rear with low end power. Silvia's are probably some of the best, that's why they are being over-used by drifters. Pro drift competitions are won by skill, not by the car, so its difficult to judge by looking at the winners' list.

10

I totaly agreed with you, ( the SYLVIA'S is part ouf the 3 best one )

25

Yep, you don't need 700 bhp twin turbo supra to drift, you can use an old Volvo 340 (which is rear wheel drive and about 100bhp, NA) if you have good drifting skills. Most important things in drifting cars are that they are RWD, car has LSD (limited slip differential), good suspension with right adjustments and good tires. Good and cheap cars to start drifting are Ford Sierra, Nissan S13, Madza RX-7 FC, Toyota Supra (the older model), just a few to name, but you can use every RWD car to drift.

285

Swap to 2 way LSD's or even a 1.5 and any RWD will respond pretty well. Feint > e-brake anyday. Its just a matter of getting used to the car, though lightweight and balance are a plus.

35

Adding to what everyone else said, realistically the best drift cars are also ones you can afford to beat the crap out of. Real drift cars don't really look so "petty" close up.

I totally agree with Jin Hoo, although one would best use a factory standard car as a start, so we can improve our skills with lightweight or balanced or 1.5-way cars. A cousin of mine started drifting with a damn Fiat 132GLS (1972) and that car's one of the cheapest. Pulled some crazy turns though, and said the Fiat had helped him much now that he's driving an E36 M3. The Fiat's tires were so old and eaten away that it was impossible to drive on wet roads. I would have started drifting that way too....

105

i would say a Mazda RX-7, Toyota Corolla AE86, Nissan 240SX/Silvia

35

A mazda rx-7 takes time to build the power necessary to spin the rear wheels....i prefer the nissan 350z, nissan 240sx and a Trueno Corolla AE86

I would also go with a Japanese car. Most of them are ment for drifting. My cousin has an 1985 Mazda RX-7 GSL and drifts with it all the time. But the cars I would go with is; 1997 Mazda RX-7(FD, FC,GSL, and GSL-SE), 1999 Nissan( R32, R33, R34) and a 2013 Ford Mustang GT500