I need to buy a car and have about $3500, what would be the most reliable car for my money?

Asked by Mar 20, 2009 at 02:56 PM

I found a volvo S70 1998 with 148000 miles on it.  I'm thinking either a toyota or honda but they seem to be quite expensive.  I have around $3500 and just need something reliable that I can get the most mileage out of without having to put a ton of money into it.  All advice would be very helpful!

7,695

your best bet would be either a honda civic or accord. my friend has hers at 265,000 and the car runs fine. the funny part is that she is lazy and only changes her oil about every 6,000 miles and she doesnt use synthetic. those cars run forever

Thanks for the tip! That seems to be the top answer from family and friends as well.