Recently I was presented with the question of what car i want when I turn 16, I gave my parents two choices or cars: mazda rx-8 or the '70 dodge challenger. Which one should I choose?

Asked by Mar 09, 2009 at 07:17 PM

1,305

rx-8 because your death would be less guaranteed

Thanks for that, but i still might consider the challenger. It is a really nice car.

1,305

you just have to remember the challenger will be expensive to maintain, it would be hard on gas, bad brakes and accelerates like mad. they are not cars you just jump in, turn the key and drive off, unlike the rx8 i personally would rather a challenger, if you have knowledge of older cars you should be fine.

7,685

how ncie of a challenger? how big of an engine? also what state do you live in?

7,685

actually i will just elaborate now. if you are in the north and get winters but wont be abel to store the challenger dont get it. its a terrible car to get around in and too gorgeous to put salt on. not that the rx8 is any better in the winter but it will be slightly. also, jsut remember that getting a nice challenger is something you can hold on to forever and pass down but an rx8 isnt. i would get the challenger and a beater for the winter if you are up north

I think I'm going to go with the Challenger, and yeah I have tons of knowledge on cars because my dad and I work on them a lot. So thanks

I live in Indiana and because my dad owns a car shop he and I work on cars together a lot. So i think I'll go with the Challenger. It would be very hard to turn down a nice muscle car like that to a mazda. So thanks!

7,685

Good choice. I turned down a 1971 Mach 1 mustang when I about to turn 16 because I wanted a newer car. Still sort of regret it to a degree but not a whole lot because I'm a Chevy/Mopar guy now instead of Ford. Have fun with the car.

I will have loads of fun in the challenger, I cant wait to drive it!

55

spoiled brat

5

I personally think you should just get a honda civic. It offers a lot more comfort, gas mileage, not to mention safety. Besides no offense or anything but will you actually use a 70 dodge challenger or an rx8 to its full potential or would you like to just look at it everyday and admire its looks.

7,685

tell me how many collectors of old cars use them to full potential. if i saw somebody actually racing a late 60s/early 702 muscle car id bitch slap them for risking wrecking something that nice. those cars should be used for nothing more than occasional fun and something to look at. not racing.

1,305

who in the hell in their right mind would get a civic instead of an rx8, let alone a challenger! its like being offered a steak, and refusing it because you want fish sticks

Well...to the guy that called me a brat I'm really not. This is actually the only thing i have bugged my dad about buying. Secondly, I would be very stupid if I got a civic instead of a challenger.