What should I get?

35

Asked by Feb 22, 2009 at 12:29 AM

Mitsubishi Eclipse or Toyota Celica?

65

Celica. Eclipses have tranny problems. Celicas tend to be more low maintenance and eclipses are very hard to work on...

5

it all depends on what are you looking for, dsm's are cars that are easy to mod if you have moderate to advanced mechanical skills, toyota celicas are reliable cars, 420a chrysler engine eclipse is also reliable

55

i like what the last guy said 420a i have known people to have problems with celicas

15

eclipse of course............celica is nothing...........

15

i have an eclipse and i had it for 3 years and drove 60 000 Kilometers and no repair sooo no celica =) eclipse ftw

15

the only celica i'd get would prolly be the 6th generation ones - like the 94 gt-4... - but i'd only get a generation 1 gsx or gst eclipse... if you got generation 2 - i'd put in a 4g63t swap... but in my opinion - that 91 gsx has more balls : )

5

if you have a 2nd gen 420a eclipse you cannot swap a 4g63 in without heavy modification, generation 1 are less prone to crankwalk, and the gt4 is a really nice car but a bitch to find

85

That question is way too broad. You have to be more specific about the years we're talking about. If you're talking about 3g Eclipse, that's a whole different story than if you're talking about the 2g Eclipse. It also depends on what you want out of your car. Not all guys are looking for performance modification. I own a 2000 Eclipse GT and I can tell you from experience it isn't a car you're going to get horribly impressive gains out of. All in all though, people love putting nice sound systems and drops and rims on those cars, because they're gorgeous. So give us some more parameters.