Aston Martin versus BMW

Asked by Jan 29, 2009 at 03:53 PM

Which one is better between BMW and Aston Martin

235

Stupid question but let me try to answer objectively. Both Brands have super hot performers like the DBS for Aston Martin and The M6 or 5 or 3 from BMW. Both Brands are knows to make good and reliable cars. BMW gives you the boy racer image and AM makes you James bond. The Martin costs 2-3 more than the BMW and portrays the image that you are trying to over compensate for something. Chicks dig Aston Martins more than they like BMW in the same way they dig Lambo's more than VWs just because they look some what more exclusive and expencive. So what's better really is a matter of preference and how deep your pocket really is.

35

it depends whether you care more about looks or raw speed. a custom BMW M6 will out perform every "stock aston" but the DBS. My M6 has a 6.3 liter V10, with twin turbos and it pumps out a total of 620HP and around 700 foot pounds of torque. it also has a carbon fiber hood and trunk to shave weight. in the end my M6 has a 3.5 seconds 0-60 time with a guaranteed top speed of 201MPH and possibly faster but i was too scared to find out and in the end the M6 cost about 182 000$. My DB9 has a 0-60 time of 4.6 seconds and it cost about 50 000$ more than the M6 and has a lower top speed. in the end it all comes down to whether you want to go really fast and look okay in doing so or go reasonably fast and look phenomenal in the aston.

205

Stupid answer both brands (in my suggestion is worst) I only like Mclaren F1 LM GTR and is the world's fastest car ever made in the world by america and Bugatti veyron can't beat it!

10

that is the most stupid question i have ever heard it has got to be Aston Martin every time

25

who wants to have a bmw

20

Actually, BMW owns McLaren so the F1 LM is the fastest car BMW has ever made.

25

If you enjoy beating that question to death yes there is more dependability in the BMW product the Aston Martin is a bit fickle and needs more under the hood attention from time to time. I think the B.M.W. has a bit more flare in it's design, but no shame on me for the Aston Martin.

25

Are they priced equally ? B.M.W. dependability, Aston Martin can just look good sitting still.