3.8 v6 gm in a 98 ford contour se 2.5 v6

5

Asked by Jan 23, 2009 at 01:28 AM

is it possible?

2,210

Are you a Master Fabricator? Sure, anything is possible if you're willing to go through everything to make it happen. My question to you would be why? You have a massive amount of fabrication and wiring. Then you'd need two seperate management systems; one for the engine and one for the vehicle electricals. And for what? A GM 3.8 litre engine? It dosen't make a considerable amount of power. If you want to do a swap, go with the 3.0 SHO engine @ 220 Horses. And, you'll still do massive fabrication! You'd make out far better locating and buying a 98 Contour SVT with 190 Horses. If that isn't enough power for you, add a supercharger or a squeeze of NOS.

5

the powers no problem i had a dodge pickup getting 10 miles highway and now im selling the contour to a buddy of mine who wants to drop this 3.8 hes got colecting dust i just wanted to know if it was posible cause ill be honest i can do an oil change and change a flat but thats realy about it and thanks ill tell him about the 3.0 im sure theres someone out there who would make a trade for the 3.8

2,210

Unlikely! That 3.0 SHO engine is built by Yamaha and one sweet engine. The GM 3.8 litre is an antique that's very common. His best bet would be to find a wrecked SVT Contour and swap the engine, tranny and computer.

5

for sure thanks bud