Carbs or injectors

105

Asked by Jan 20, 2009 at 11:07 PM

which and why do u prefer in a racing or street situation? The Carb or the mist?

8,185

That's like asking what you like to cut your meat with a club or a knife. Carbs work but they are archaic and non-precise. Dialing them in is difficult and only last as long as the weather stays the same, and often can only be tuned optimally over a narrow RPM range. Modern Fuel injection on the other hand is highly adjustable and precise and can adapt to change environments. As such the overall power band is higher and usually the peak is higher as well. Better power, better mileage, and better reliability of the engine in the long run. Is this a serious question come to think of it?

35

really i think the question is what kind of car is it going on? anything after the 80s should have a carb.. it just that way, muscle anything newer than that would be better fitted for the injectors me im carb all the way, you spend your 2k or more on the injectors and ill spend my 1k and then use rest thats left over to buy more parts and beer, and its just plan beast

2,170

Adam,...very well thought out and precise answer.

7,275

depends what you are building. i believe most drag racing pros still use carbs but some are switching over to FI. for street application though FI is the best way to go.

23,995

carbs..easy,cheaper