speed comparison

15

Asked by Jan 20, 2009 at 08:41 PM

what's faster, both on straight aways and corners: the Dodge Viper or The Chevy Corvette?

70

id say me, hahahaha i wish. i really want to say the vette. because they handle sweet as hell and i think its a lil lighter then the viper. the viper is just a over powered monster out of mopar. but ill take either car if u gave me one

35

depends on which modle corvette your talking about the C6, Z06, or ZR1 The ZR1 would easily beat the Viper but if it is a C6, or Z06 the viper would beat it. One thing i will guarantee you is the Viper is absolutely savage the pure power and touque of the viper is intoxicating. If you like attention in a car i guarantee you will get a lot more attention in the viper they are very rare i think the viper souds and looks a lot better too Just my opinion Joshua

1,005

lol, your saying they are rare reminds me of the one I saw parked in the middle of my middle of nowhere town... that was pretty amusing... as far as corvettes though... everyone owns one... lol

385

Well considering the Viper ACR just set the fastest lap record on the Nurburgring i think that proves that its faster. Downside is that its less comfortable and affordable. So speed for the money, i'd go for the Corvette, speed for true speed, Viper

35

well if you really a performance enthusiast you would know we like to drive our cars in the middle of no were so you can use the power, and have room to pass at will. I dont think people who own cars like this who live in big cities just drive it at the nearest traffic jam in NYC they might just go to some middle of some middle of nowere town for a nice drive for example Crows nest in New york is in a middle of nowhere town that is a curving mountain pass that is used in many automotive commercials because this is what many performance enthusiast crave for a Great car on a Great road. I could go on and will to prove a point,... Vermont (middel of nowhere) has 4 breathtaking mountain passes the Famous Notch road (RT-108) a HUGE tourest attraction in VT the Appilation Gap road (RT-17), Lincoln Gap Road, Hazenz notch in Jay Peak. these are just of the great roads. I have sppoted many nice cars on these roads most of them i saw at Rt-108 the Notch Road. Iv'e seen a Ferrari F430, Lamborghini Gallrodo dozens of porsches and Corvettes, and a Viper the only one i had ever seen my whole life besids at the dealer. i think that i have proven my point the picture is the Famous notch road (RT-108)

15

Thank you Pete. That's some great info. I really appreciate it!

15

I completely agree about the look and sound of the Viper. It has been my dream car for as long as I've had a dream car. I can't wait to own one!

1,005

I fully understand that, but my area is a little unique in the way that we're only a short drive south of Honda Canada, and a short drive east of a prominent farmer's marsh... and christ are those farmers rich! They've got shitty run down marsh houses... but beautiful cars in thier driveway. so there is money in the area... the problem with our area though.... it people tend to like to grow pot and such since it's relatively boonies out here, but the markets are so close... so there is a decent police presence... makes... Spirited driving... a little more challenging some times

385

No problem, I love everything about cars, so if you have any other questions just ask.

7,375

viper is in comparison to base model vettes but the new z06 and viper are about equal. viper brakes better though. although i would rather have a z06 and then put the extra $30k or more that the viper would cost in comparison into it and spank the crap right out of a viper and laugh as i made it look like it is standing still haha