law and mirrors

Asked by Jan 18, 2009 at 11:42 AM

in wich year , the passendger mirorr was legaly an obligation?? because it was an option to have does before...cars used to have only one mirror!:)

3,885

Depends on where you live. I think in UT it is still only driver's side required, but you'd be nuts to not have a passenger side mirror.

In USA and Canada I ment. and really the passenger mirror in a car is kidda useless, wen you drive you don't see shit..please ecuse the bad language but really:S in a ford jimmy or a econoline we get big mirrors..but really on a car?! loll

10,665

In most states, if the vehicle was originally equipped with it, then it is required to pass state inspection...

1,125

Same with Canada, if the car was originally equipped it must legally be there. It's for use on multi-lane highways so you can check both lanes in your mirrors, and then your blind spots over your shoulder. I believe my buddy had a '77 Lemans without one, so they were mandated slightly later

1,135

im gonna stick my neck out here the law in canada came into effect in 1982 i believe i cant remember where or why but i think thats when it kicked in... its possible that its when everyone started producing cars with 2 mirriors though... it really just makes sense and they are not useless ... id be wrecked hundreds of times over without my passenger side mirror...

thanks Alex that was the most precised anser yet:) still thakns for the other guys that respond very kidda you:) I hasled ths question..because I always have questions anywas loll and that I am a fan of antic cars betewn 50 and 80 cars.. I would love to have a Blanck barracuda whit pink fake fur inside and a chain stering..well of course whit a pink fur strerring cover for wonter loll...would be crazy! sport or class, i like older car that dont look like toys and feel the engin running :P