Windsheild Wipers.

1,005

Asked by Dec 28, 2008 at 11:29 PM

I'm looking at buying new wipers for my car, and I was wondering your all opinions were on what is on the market.

Keeping in mind I'm from Ontario Canada, where you can see freezing rain, heavy snow, slush,sleet ,hail, and mud all in the same day,

What wipers would you consider to be the best buy on the market functionality wise. I tried some reflex when they were new and wasn't THAT fond of them, but I know they've changed. There's also those Rain-X wipers, and some Armorall wipers now... Anyone have opinions on those? or should I consider more conventional metal spring type wipers?

Any ---Helpful--- input would be appriciated,

Thanks!

8,375

I'm a fan of the triple edge since they don't seem to tear as easy, but recently I saw something about wipers with a built in heating element. You'd have to wire em to a switch but supposedly they are the greatest thing since sliced bread, have yet to see any personally (or hear anything other than 'reviews'), but if you go that route let me know how they work. I've been debating trying them but don't really want to cut a hole in my dash for a switch if they don't work for shit.

1,005

well son of a... I was thinking on inventing wipers with a heating element myself lol Why cut a hole in your dash for the switch? you could mount it on a bracket under the dash... or just use the wiper switch itself no? or better, your rear defroster switch, then your rear window would clear, and your wipers would heat up. I've never hear of these "Triple edge" ones... I'm going to have to say we haven't got them in my area...

2,210

The BEST blades I ever used were from a company called Trico. They were their standard wiper but it was fully encased in a rubber sleeve. It was called a "Winter Blade." The edge was exposed and the arm connection only. They worked great because ice and snow couldn't jam the spring mechanism. BUT...I've not seen them for years!

1,005

We've got something like that here called "Winter Wipers" Canadian Tire sells them. I've heard good and bad things about them. (If your interested in a set, you can probably get them a www.Canadiantire.ca )

2,210

Thanks Chris! but having relocated from the NC mountains to Florida...don't need em'!