is there a possibility?

445

Asked by Dec 26, 2008 at 06:25 PM

Is there actually a lesser chance of your car being Jacked if you put an ugly steering wheel cover on it? this just
came to me and I am wondering if there is a chance of an ugly steering wheel cover preventing your car from being
stolen?

995

brilliance about steering wheel covers... they can be removed... I think it would do just as much as the fake blinking light some people put in to make it look like thier car has a security system.

445

Thank you for the info on my question. Happy new years and drive safe.

995

you want to prevent your car being stolen, Wire a Kill switch to the starter, that way, even if they try to hotwire the car the starter will not get power. you just have to remember to set the switch everytime you get out... and turn it back on when you get back in! ;) That said, all hope is lost if they just show up with a tow truck and take it that way.

445

I don't quite own a car yet but I will definetly keep that in mind............Damn! that is a good idea. I will also pass it on to people I know who care about their cars. Thank you so very much

995

just remember, you ever end up pissing your friends off after you've told them where the switch is... and bad things could happen lol... I also wouldn't reccomend doing it on anything newer... like 2000 and up...

445

what could happen to the car if it is newer than 2000?

995

just becuase they've got all that newfangled crap in them... newer cars annoy me lol

445

same here!! remember the Pontiac "Aztek"? that thing is so ugly!!! it looks like it was in a bad accident before it even left the plant! Next time GM, give us a fair warning before you send something uglier than my butt out of the plant again. Then again, it does have a really good Anti-theft system, it's looks!

995

Agreed, the aztek was a mistake. So was the Ford Focus. They never should have replaced the Escort with that POS... (Of course, they never should have replaced the second last body style with the last one. '90-'94 were the best)

445

I thought the second last body style was 91-96. anyways, That version of the escort was a good one and still is.

995

You could be right... I haven't really looked into the later models... I want a '92 GT 5-Speed with all the timmings lol

445

cool.If I could get any ford in the world, I would get a 1986 Ford LTD LX in black with red bodyside mouldings.

995

not a bad lookin' car... Kinda reminds me too much of a Tempo though lol

3,145

that car is a pile im surprised that there are any of those not in the junkyard

995

no room for them... Too many tuner civics in the way ;)

445

hehe. Good one dude. lmfao

320

a killswitch wont stop you from hotwiring a car. unless youre an idiot. just hit it while youre attempting to hot wire it. or just bypass it altogether.

445

a criminal is not the smartest person. criminals are the super dumbest people of them all. they are not smart enough to bypass or know where the switch is. The criminal won't even know that the car even has a kill switch. all criminals know is.............zilch!

955

Yes, the Aztek has a "unique" look but the Lexus SUV shares similar lines, cost 3 times as much too. Definately better looking than the Honda Element, Refrigerator Box looking Scion Xb, The Nissan Pube... oops Cube, Kia etc.. BTW, the Aztek was one of the best vehicles that I have ever owned. Here's a pic of my old one with 20's- the sixth set of rims I had on it. I would still have mine if I didnt need a truck to pull my 30' travel trailer. Now back to the steering wheel question. No matter how much anti-theft equipment, alarms, steering wheel locks etc you install, If a thief has their mind set on taking your car, they will get it.

295

Just get a GPS tacking device on the car. That way the cops can find it if it gets towed.