what is the hp of the fastest hybrid

25

Asked by Nov 26, 2008 at 10:32 AM

2,040

FAST and HYBRID do not go together. I did read some time ago about an experimental hybrid that was wicked fast but I don't recall the specifics.

25

i wonder who will make the first hybrid super car? guess Honda

2,040

Honda?...unlikely. Were they to build such a vehicle, MORE than LIKELY, it would be a prototype ; not intended for production. After all, the Hybrid vehicle is the "current" rage of extreme MPG. A high performance platform would be counter productive I'd think. Personally, I would never own a hybrid due to collision related drawbacks and inflated expense of battery replacement. The money saved on gasoline will eventually be spent to replace batteries. God help you if you're pinned in a Hybrid and "Jaws of Life" is needed. The resuce workers will waste time drawing straws to see who will risk electrocution cutting you out! BTW, if they go up in SMOKE, you will too! And YES! Hybrids have enough amperage to do EXACTLY that! I drive a CRX that runs rings around any hybrid and gets very good gas mileage. Until Hybrid technology gets better, safer, has acceptable performance and facilitate reasonable battery replacement; I'll pass on them.

25

Ok Logan you got me - I've no idea whatsoever on hybrids - appart from thinking the prius is probably top ten most ugly cars - Lexus have their own versions but in the UK they are over-priced - I've personally got my first diesel, my last volvo had 220 bhp although being front wheel drive it was a little bit tricky to use the power, now i've got a 530D which is 196bhp and weighs a tonne but the drive is better being rear wheel - mpg 33 I didn't think abouit the electrocution bit - like you i am staying well clear. Even though in London i would save 12 bucks a day on congestion charge. thanks

2,040

Yes..BUT!! you have a diesel! Why not just burn bio-diesel? It's only .55-.75 cents per gallon when you make it yourself. And, you only need replace any rubber fuel lines as vehicle modifications to burn it.

25

Ooh I like it -will have to find out more - thanks Logan

2,040

Dennis, research the posting on this page that reads "Effects of Bio-fuels" I had quite a bit of dialog regarding this subject as of late. You may find some interesting data?