car market slump

3,115

Asked by Oct 17, 2008 at 06:41 AM

why do most of u guys like american cars? they are horrible and these companies are going bankrupt for a reason. I just honestly want to know why you like them, and im not talking about the old american muscle im talking about 1990 to present. They seem to come out with a number of cars without rhyme or reason. Why do they have at least 3 or 4 cars every year that are the exact same thing just different badges. It moronic if i say so myself, and why was GM and Chryslers net worth only 10% or what Toyota was worth this year thats pretty pathetic how many brands is that combined? like 10 to toyotas 1.

Im just trying to stir the pot because this message board is starting to get a little bland not enough risk taking on the questions and arguments.

355

I am from Australia, and let me say that I partly agree and disagree with you. Firstly the agreement, mainstream American cars completely lost the plot in about 1975. The use of front wheel drive in large heavy cars is a terrible idea and has created a lot of bad American cars which can't turn corners. On the other hand, some of the most recent performance offerings have been very good, such as the current Corvette and new Camaro. The reason Toyota make so money is not because they make the best cars, but because they make the most conservative choices and make large numbers of boring, reliable cars which will sell well. Toyota stopped making exciting cars a few years ago with the death of sports cars like the MR2, Supra and Celica. If you want a tool to get from A to B, you can buy a Corolla, but if you want real excitement it is best to look elsewhere.