1997 Mercury Mountaineer

55

Asked by Oct 08, 2008 at 05:13 PM

Im looking at buying a Mountaineer as a winter car. I live in Wisconsin, so we get a lot of snow. I was just
wondering if anyone had any suggestions on whether or not to buy this car.

3,465

personally i hate mercury i think that they are horribly made. but its all about preference.

- I've owned a 1998 Mercury Mountaineer 5.0L v8 for 3 years (age 16-19). The previous owner was a old Vietnamese guy who bought it new in 1998 and took good care of it. In the years that I have owned it I only had brake disk problems (needed a new front break disk). I put a glass pack on it and I took the resonator off. and I floor it probably too often. I've never had any other problems. - It's great in snow. I didn't realize a van was stopped in front of me turning (I thought he was moving forward about to turn), so I mashed my brakes and abs saved me. The AWD makes it real easy to control in snow. I drift around allot with great control. - Here's a video of mine: https://youtu.be/1B4HXOb27Jo