buying the first family vehicle

Asked by Oct 04, 2008 at 10:14 PM

We're contemplating on a new SUV.We like the navigator,lexus,and infiniti.Whats your recommendation?  I mean we have studied the pros and cons, but as our first car, we would like to make a smart buy that's well worth it.  

15

The Navigator is the way to go. Reasonably priced on a high quality vehicle.

5

I would personally go with the Escalade. for the Money you are willing to spend, its better equiped and has the security of OnStar!

3,165

navigators are horribly made for the price and they are kinda ugly

3,165

id go with the lx570 lexus its a lot better then a ford or chevy. But if its the price you are looking at then this vehicle is not for you. It is a lot better equiped then the others but also is more money but its your call.

365

Do you actually want a family car or an SUV? If it will never go off-road (I'm assuming it won't) then buy a sedan or a station wagon or a van. I would only recommend something like a Navigator if you are a drug dealer and need the bling to command respect, but I suppose that would help provide the money to afford the cars you mentioned as a first car with a young family.

15

Do you have kids? Cause I wouldn't reccomend buying a SUV like any of the ones you mentioned if you have kids. Too much money and it will probobly get messed up. If you want safety though and you have the money go ahead with the Navigator. I have the 05 lincoln navi and this past winter to no fault of the car i needed new tires and kind of neglected that and I slid through the snow down a hill and through a fence. It barely did anything to the car which amazed me, but we took out the whole fence haha. Also, with the fuel going up so high you might want to think of something that saves a little more gas cause its a gas guzzler! And when something does break on it it costs a fortune to fix. I took it off roading a few times and one time broke the suspension and it was like 2 grand to fix at the dealership. But other then all that, its my tank and I love it :-)