Asked by Oct 04, 2008 at 06:01 PM

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

How do i change the cluch in my car

2 Answers


Depends on what kind of car. The jist of it is your gonna have to take the tranny out, away from the engine, and unbolt the clutch plate from the flywheel. Then installation is the reverse of the disassebly. If it's a FWD it can be tricky getting out the transaxle, but a RWD car is alot better to do. There are a lot more details and stuff to look for, but that's the meat of the proccess.


Get a manual and a torque wrench... Remember to replace both the pilot and throwout bearings, it'll suck to replace the friction material and have to tear it apart a little later due to a bad bearing.

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions

  • repairing 3 answers

    how can i repair my Toyota cressida carburetor

    1992 Toyota Cressida


    Maintenance & Repair

  • Repairs 3 answers

    Timing belt broke damaging valves now need valves repaired what is reasonable cost to have them repaired

    2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder


    Maintenance & Repair

  • repair rear brakes 1 answer

    how to repair

    1981 Nissan 280ZX


    Maintenance & Repair

  • repairs? 2 answers

    Most frequent repair issues documented for 2003 VW Jetta TDi other than recall items?

    2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDi


    Maintenance & Repair

  • How to repair 2 answers

    Changed coil in my car and spark plugs was starting before I repaired, it was having a bad misfire when it was started no seen being repaired with new coils, and spark plugs not starting at all... ...

    2000 Pontiac Grand Am SE


    Maintenance & Repair


Search Maintenance & Repair Questions

Maintenance & Repair Experts

#1 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 168,680
#2 dandyoun
Reputation 91,530
#3 tenspeed
Reputation 73,860
View All

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.