Asked by Sep 06, 2008 at 06:58 PM

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

problem with slow air leak      

7 Answers


If you like tackling stuff yourself you can find tire repair kits in your local auto parts store and you could fix it. Hard part is finding the leak. The amount of time it takes to lose pressure is a good indication of how large a leak it is. You can hold it under water completely if you have a big enough vat for that, or, you can make up a soapy-water solution and spray it on your tire systematically looking for bubbles to form. After you find it(them), just follow the directions on the repair kit.


thank you for your response. I did had it check mechanic changed the valve and did the water. I did used the sealant too but same thing. Im just gonna get new tires. Thanks again...


have another question for you...i need replace the rim for mustang 98 model, any idea how much will cost. also when u brake( at speed 50 up )the steering vibrate what seem to be problem?


You could look on e-bay for a wheel, there are probably plenty. Probably a lot of different prices too but most likely will be anywhere from $20-50. Shaking when the brakes are applied is a good indication that it is the brakes. You could have a rotor that is warped or a pad that's wore out too much. If you have little experiance with brake work then I suggest you have someone look at it for you.


thanks for your reply.

Hi, if ebay doesnot work, look for wheels at it ll help m sure.


thanks ...for responding, got it replaced.

Your Answer


Maintenance & Repair Experts

  • #1
    Tom Demyan
  • #2
  • #3
View All

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.