boost for CarIQ

Asked by Sep 06, 2008 at 03:03 AM

Is it that my maximum makes is 396, thus too high for the boosts? I'm always denied, and I'd love to have an answer.
Andy

145

Hey, Andy. I am not sure what you mean by being denied. Do you mean your "boosts" button is grayed out? The way it is set up, every 10 makes you get correct in a row (incorrect guesses to model and year questions do not affect the maker streak) you will obtain a boost added to your boost bucket. You can have at most 9 boosts at any given point in time. Any boosts you get beyond those 9 drop off and are discarded. The only time you can use a boost is if you are not already at your highest Car IQ. If you are not seeing this, you probably found a bug. Come back here and let us know!

I've never seen my total go over 3 before, until this morning when I checked your reply to my question.

This is the message I get that has 'denied' my usage of a boost. I hope that this screen shot stuff helps out so you can see what I see. Thank you for your consideration, Andy

145

I see. From what I can tell from your image, it seems as if you are already at your highest score. Typically boosts are only meant to be used when you have reached a high score (say 65 points), and through a stream of bad answers you fall back down to an earlier score (say to 46 points). At that point, you will see the "boost" button turn red and you can use it. By using it, you will be taken back to 65 points and you can move on from there. Let me know if that is not case. Thanks! :)

That's not the case. I was unaware that with the changes to the CarIQ app, there was the CarIQ 'game'. I was referencing the infinite quiz and was unaware of the other one. Sorry for the confusion and mix ups. Everything is working just fine.

145

No worries. :)