consumption

Asked by Sep 01, 2008 at 01:47 PM

is it true that the petrol consumption advantage of hybrid cars is now levelled by the use of new technologies in standart cars?

7,565

The playing field is being leveled to an extent, but short answer is NO... Hybrids are still more economical... Especially the PHEV's (Plug in Hybrid Electric Vehicle) which utilize the relatively low cost per mile of electric as compared to gasoline. I think one studied showed a Prius PHEV to get equivalent of 120mpg or something ridiculus when used for commuting since it could/would run strictly on the battery for a period of time... Granted the Loremo looks like it'll destroy all hybrids... until they make the hybrid loremo that is.... Assuming the start building 'em