Leaking Evap Coil :(

25

Asked by Aug 30, 2008 at 12:31 AM

Is there a way to charge the system besides the mechanic? I Have the guage for the A/C System but when I Connect it shows pressure from 0 - 120 PSI depending when the compressor kicks in.  I know I Have a leaking evap coil cause the Dye is coming out of there but when the mechanic charged it, it last about a month before it dies.  Can i safely charge the system even though the pressure read out is 120 cause there is no Freon? Charge it with the system off? When A/C is turned on the Compressor cycles then clicks and pressure drops.

if there is a leak in your evaporator you should recover the system rplace the evaporator then charge it back to specification and if you go to a mechanic dont use that same guy cause an ac system is a sealed system and should not loose its charge so he should of leak tested it before recharging it if you just wanna get by you could go to walmart for that quick charge shit but that is not recomended