Car Audio Question

2,985

Asked by Aug 26, 2008 at 06:34 AM

Anyone else into car audio?/ if so whats your set up and what would be your dream set up? I had a huge kicker compvr 18" with a jl 1000/1 in my car but i sold the sub and am saving up for either the w7 or the L7.

13,525

In my younger years I had a kickin stereo setup, but my ears paid the price. I mostly enjoyed a Kenwood deck (better quality in those days), Rockford Fosgate amps and Kicker subs (pair of 15s). Now a days, I'm more interested in a healthy balanced system. One that I can hear all of the highs and the lows as crystal clear as possible. Alot of bass is great ... in moderation!

45

L'7 is the best kicker ever made, specialy 15' or the 12'. For the 12' you need 3.5 cubic inches of air for each speaker to sound and do its job right. for the 15' you should get one and put it in 5 cubic inch box hook it up to a 4000 watt hiphonic or alumani amp and watch you self go deph. I got two L7's in my stang mine is a show car anyways, the box is bigger than my trunk and its built in the trunk and back seat and this shit cracked my windshield twice

115

Im running a Kenwood Headunit with a 920W Kenwood amp and 2 10" Kenwood Typhoon Series Subs. i love my setup, it hits plenty hard for me.

55

I have a JL 250W/1 mono amp. with a pair of W3 10's in a 2000 accord coupe.(f23a1) and i have the amp turned up half way. and the keenwood head unit on (-neg) 10(bass) and yet still with certain songs my review mirror viberates down.lol when turned up to (0)(bass) car alarms have gone off..lol anyhow. JL systems are the way to go.. ~Earnie~

105

go with the w7, specially since that amp is pretty much designed for the 13W7. but that's my opinion. I personally am running a Kenwood Excelon head, pushing alpine type-r 6.5" components in the rear, with 4" type-s on the dash. ive got two previous gen. MQ Quart premium 10" subs, in the required sealed box, with 500 watts pushing. it is perfectly balanced with the sub setting at +-0, and (believe it or not) will hold its own against a lot of 15" subs out there.

2,985

yea im leaning towards the w7 but the price is crazy but i guess you get what you paid for. I wont buy anything electronic second i like new stuff

2,985

I want to run the boston acoustic or polk 6x9 speakers all around with the w7 that would be my dream set up