What kind of car should i get?

Asked by Aug 13, 2008 at 10:23 PM

I am about to get my permit and i was wondering what kind of car to get for my first car, i will have around 10k or 15k to spend so can you help me out?

Thanks!

195

Well what do you need a car to do for you? Do you need it to drive around a city, do you need it to go off road, do you need it to carry stuff or people, do you need good mpg? All of these are a factor when looking for a new car. That being said there are a few makes you can't go too far wrong with, but mostly it comes down to personal preference. I tend to buy older (mid 80's or earlier) cars and trucks because I find them easier to work on, you need to be careful going this route as you're more likely to find a lemon. As for as the make of the car, I tend to drive Dodge's and Toyota's and have had very little trouble, at the moment I own a 1986 Dodge W250 Power Ram 4x4 and a 1984 Toyota Celica. I hope you find this helpfull and good luck with you search.

14,665

The type of vehicle you purchase now can have an impact on your finances in the future. With gas prices as steep as they are I would suggest you find something economical. My son wanted a Ford Mustang when he turned 16 (over a year ago), but I suggested that he purchase something more economical as well. To this day he still thanks me for helping him in this decision. Gas prices will never come close to what they were a year ago. Good luck in your search ... I hope you find what you're looking for.

30

My recommendations: Practical: Honda Civic or Accord, VW Golf or Jetta, Toyota Yaris or Corolla, Mini Cooper, Nissan Sentra, Mazda 3 Sporty: Toyota Celica, Honda Civic Si, Toyota MR2, VW GTi These cars cost around $20,000+ brand new, but it shouldn't be a problem finding them second hand for cheap. Hope this helps

3,165

get something second hand like a civic,integra,240sx, something like that for like 8 then put like 4k into it and it will be an awesome car