V8's

25

Asked by Jul 30, 2008 at 10:52 PM

where your guy's fav V8's come from. japanese, european, american, or somewheres else

8,325

I'm a Chevy guys so the SBC... But I have to admit there is a reason that many of the smaller super car manufacturer's are using Ford blocks...

385

Ferrari. Best V8 in the world. sounds the best, goes like stink and if you pay for quality, it should last forever...

25

American muscle is the way to go, better yet a big block 454 or 572. Nothing beats the rumble of one of those even at idle.

1,055

American big blocks. I can't believe you lumped "Japanese" in the question in regards to V8s. No replacement for displacement.

4,785

General Motor's tradiational pushrod LSX engines especially if it has Displacement on Demand

385

Come on!!! Ferrari and Maserati are the best in the world. American V8s just sound half decent next to a F430, and have 1/3 the speed.

25

Yeah, which is totally why every single Top Fuel drag racer uses them... Oh yeah, they don't. Mopar or no car. I had my car running open headers a short while back, and have since put an exhaust system on. It's a 318, but it still sounds so glorious.

385

Probably because Ferrari doesn't want their creation being changed. Italians take pride in their work. And the engine builders know best. Making a ferrari engine into a 1000hp monster would be ruining the car to them. They do it how they want and don't care what others think or can do. Its their car and they like it and so they really don't care about Mopar, i doubt they've heard of it. Just think about that...

10

American muscle. No other manufacturer can produce power like the Big 3.

315

im sorry bro but phillip has a point. its a hell of alot easier getting a V8 to beat a Ferrari down a drag strip, and so much cheaper u pay $200k for ur F430 and give me $200k for my Trans Am, I promise you u wont touch me on the street or strip, and i'll even take ya out for dinner with the rest of the $150k thats left over. Face it bro for the money u could build a hell of a fast car. all ur getting from a ferrari is a decent car around corners, attention until u get ur ass handed to u by an American V8, and a brand name. and still with 200k i could buy a ne Corvette ZR1 and rape you around a track still. and still be able to pay for any damages done to the car afterwards. When you wanna go fast u buy a car thats buildable and affordable to ur budget, not a supercar. Plus i have the pleasure of driving my car everywhere, u can't really do that with a supercar. nor would u want too. lol.

45

American Muscle, Can't beat a Chevy motor. The fact that you can build a screamer 350 for dirt cheap, you can't beat that. All you guys saying Ferrari, for the money you shell out for one of those things is ridiculous. You can build/buy a 1000HP N/A Big Block Chevy motor that runs on 93 octane pump gas for about $10000, and more as a crate motor but professionally built, when you guys pay about $200000 for your car. http://www.ultrastreet.net/engines/632_1000.asp And in the long run of things, Ford and Mopar are alright with me, too.

25

THE CHRYSLER HEMI! The fastest accelerating manned vehicle on the face of the earth is powered by a version of the Hemi. o-100 mph by the time the rear wheels get to where the front wheels were!(Top Fuel Dragster).

15

For all of it's horrific drawbacks, I still think the flathead Ford is the coolest, if the least powerful, V8 ever. After all it's the engine that brought all sorts of high performance innovation that would later grace all sorts of muscle. For example, triple carbs, lake pipes, glass packs, superchargers, fuel injection, magnetos and 8-ball shift knobs. Add to that, you could bore it a full 1/8" over stroke it another 3/4" and all that on a production block that came in a car that was under $500.