Which one would you buy...

8,165

Asked by Jun 09, 2008 at 11:32 PM

Alright here's the deal.  A friend of mine is looking at buying a car, and they've narrowed it down to one of two...

an 02' Civic with 8x,xxx miles or and 06 Aveo with 47,xxx miles

I dunno much about these two cars in particular.  Never did more than an oil change on either so I haven't the slightest clue which would is more reliable.  It's destine to be a point A to point B driver with few highway miles, so power isn't an issue.  Mostly concerned with reliability and drive ability.

Any insights or thoughts?

42,925

I'd go with the Civic for parts availability and quality. The Aveo is a Korean-built Chevy-badged product. Not as nice at all.

25

i would go with the civic. i am pretty sure they have a better safety rating. gas mileage would be about the same, but the civic is definitely a really dependable car. they are easy to clean and maintain, so i would say the civic.

3,115

thats funny he would even consider an aveo those are the worst cars chevy offers. Its no comparison pick the civic it will probabyl live twice as long as the aveo and parts are so easy to come by