F&*%D UP!

35

Asked by Jun 01, 2008 at 03:14 PM

I had about 20 questions done and the stipid thing deletes um, fix your damn carIQ quiz creator

235

What do you mean by "deletes" Did the whole quiz go away, or just some questions? Thanks.

35

Just some of the questions and it seems to be the same ones sometimes. like there was one for a supra and it kept deleting. like it would happen if i would stop or even when i add a new question it would delete sometimes 5 or 6 of um

235

Our editors sometimes have to deny pictures that are watermarked, but when that happens you are supposed to get a notification (so it doesn't just look like they are mysteriously disappearing :) Did you get any such notifications? I will definitely look into this more tomorrow morning when I get in to work as well.

35

no i gavent got any notifications. the two i can think off the top of my head that kep disappearing are the silvia and the supra, but now the supra is still there but the silvia never stays on, now on my quiz it started at 30 questions then it went to 24 now its down to 20. so i dunno

235

I just confirmed in the database that a number of your quiz photos were removed by editors because of watermarks. Also, it appears that notifications were sent (in batches). The notifications would have looked something like: "You have received multiple updates from Car IQ. View these updates" Have you been receiving any notifications from Car IQ? For example, it looks like the last notification we sent you was: "Your race, "The Nissan quiz", has finished! View results. (Manage notification settings here)"

35

where do i see the notifications, are they immetidentally posted when it has watermarks or is it in my inbox, also the nissan quiz you stated isnt mine, mine is THE TUFFEST TUNER. Thanks for the help

235

They are sent as facebook notifications, so they show up in your facebook inbox (or in that new little popup they recently added in the bottom right of the page). Also, the example I gave was a notification Car IQ sent about a race that finished, not about the quiz you were writing. I just wanted to confirm that you were getting any notifications at all from us. Thanks!

35

i might get them but i dont see um, but now i know thats why they are gone so when they are deleted like that ill just change um. thanks for the help with this

Had the same prob, i made 20,000 points in abt 30mins and suddenly whole app page went down, sayin some error. Now am am fuckd up, having jst 1000 points. But even my user feed shows 3 tyms , i hav beaten my streak points record. Wtf is wrong wit this?? Damn, 30 mins wasted!!!

235

I'm very sorry to hear about that Shihan. We released some new leader board tracking code yesterday, and it had a fatal issue which required us to rollback to the old code. Unfortunately, it meant that we lost some scores in that short period which it sounds like you had the misfortune to hit. The new leader boards will also track daily, weekly, and monthly top scorers so hopefully it will have been worth the hit! Again, we are really sorry it happened, we try very hard here to avoid this kind of occurrence.

235

No problem, thanks for your understanding. I'm looking forward to playing your quiz! :)