94 mazda pu or ford ranger w/e

15

Asked by May 30, 2008 at 02:20 AM

what does it take to get a normal gasoline engine to run on ethonol

145

too much to even bother doing it. all the fuel lines and fuel tank must be converted to different materials because the metal and rubber lines will rust/swell due to the content of the ethanol. compression of the motor will affect the burn of the gas and so many other factors. dont even bother. to be honest. you pay less for ethanol, but gallon for gallon it gets less mileage than gasoline, so there isnt any benefit at all really.

43,945

He's exactly right. Don't forget needing new heads with hardened valves and seats to hold up to the ethanol.

15

well i was thinking about droping in a five liter with flex fuel capabilities