differance between polish and wax for cars?

55

Asked by Mar 13, 2007 at 08:02 PM

what is the differance between car polish and car wax? when is the best time to use each one? i have heard different statements of which one to use, and how to use these products.

180

These days, there are some polishes that are designed (and marketed) to be used as both a polish and a wax. Originally, car polish was designed to be used after washing and before waxing. I am a big fan of www.autogeek.net, which is an online store for car care products and auto accessories. They advise using polish between washing and waxing, and sell a bunch of different products chosen with that in mind. On the other hand, some people with great-looking cars use one-step polishes. It all depends what seems most effective and most convenient to you, I guess. If I had a '76 Thunderbird, I would probably do things the old-school way because it's an awesome old-school car, so I'd wash then clay then polish then wax.

Best Answer