im 18 and im buying my first car im planning to spend 6500 what car should i purchase?

Asked by Jun 20, 2007 at 06:21 PM

20,760

Hi gato! There's no answer to the question you asked except to say you probably should get the most reliable car you can for that price, unless your are a) mechanically inclined or b) independently wealthy. You do not want to be wasting your financial resources on cars when you should be spending it on dates! Here's a link with some thoughts about buying used cars. Hope it helps. Good luck! http://www.creditunionsrock.com/usedcar.php

thank you loub

29,605

There are some many options out there! Where to start. I guess you need to start narrowing it down by body type. Do you want a sedan, truck, or SUV? If it's a sedan I'd say go for a Toyota Corolla (S trim) or a Civic (maybe a little on the boring side but they are great on gas and won't give you much hastle). If it's a truck (i got my first vehicle when I was 18, it was a Ford Ranger with 12,000 miles (very stripped down version with no A/C, but it was only $7000 with only 12000 miles. I have since moved on but my parents use it for small yard jobs and it now has 100,000 miles on it and has never ever had an issue. Nothing at all. As far as a truck goes I'd take a look at a Ranger. Maybe a GMC Sonona? If it's an SUV there are so many choices. The SUV market is so saturated and there are so many choices. Your best change to get an idea of what is out there in your price range is to do a search that caps at $6500. That way you can actually see what's going to be available to you. I like www.getauto.com Its easy to use and you can find local dealers a lot easier than some of the other sites. I hope you find what you are looking for. Feel free to message me (you can do that through your garage) if you have any questions or thoughts.