gas tank

Asked by Jul 12, 2009 at 11:49 AM about the Hyundai Tiburon

Every time I try to put gas in my tank the pressure builds up and will only let me pump about 10 cents at a time. Why is this and how can I get this fixed?

try to back the filler neck on the pump out an inch or so there is a fume shut off on pumps now so mabey your ride had a narrow filler tube

sounds to me like ur breather vent is stopped up

i try to back it out some. i try twisting it. nothing works. i was told i might have a dent in the tube but i dont see how it could have gotten there. what can i do to fix it or to even check?

how can i check?

I have a 04 Tiburon. Don't put the nozzle all the way down in the gas line. Have it out a little and the pressure shouldn't build. If it does just put the end of the nozzle in and try that. The only way you have a dent in the line is from the factory or you did some aftermarket work on the rear. But try that and let me know.

i did all that and still no luck. i have some work but nothing that should affect that. headers and exhaust. thats it

I don't know then. Ask the dealer whats up. Try not pulling up on the lever all the way. My you have a blockedge in the line.

We had a situation once where a piece of plastice from the inside of a cap of injector cleaner had come off and was in the tube causing the same situation. The customer had done it months before and it was just then causing problems.

Your charcoal canister has probably dumped it's pellets into your lines. On my 2001 Tibby, had to drop the tank, clean out all the lines after replacing the canister. Fills at high speed every time now.