What is a high mileage for a Hyundai?

Asked by Jul 19, 2017 at 02:17 PM about the Hyundai Santa Fe

I'm looking to buy a used car and I found a Hyundai with 70,000 miles.  Is that
a lot or will it last me for a while?

121,375

Hyundias have never been a vehicles that can give you long live, I've seen them start having major problems right at 80000 miles, sooner if not maintained properly. Check the do not buy used list on the internet if it's still up, Hyundai was on that list as well as Kia and Mitsubushi, to list just a few from memory. If your looking for a good Asian import try Honda or Toyota.

140

Hyundai make at-leased 800 000 km before worn. Good luck.

775

It depends entirely on the specific vehicle and the treatment it has received. It's pointless to ask about the reliability of an entire brand; few I can think of have had a greater variance in overall quality through the past two decades than Hyundai.

260

The first answer is spot on I am a certified Hyundai technician, I've got three motors to do this week one went bad at 76k an other at 52k and the last one was due to not changing they're oil but there is a reason they have a 100k power train warranty, all threw rods. They look great, have loads of features other car manufactures don't have, and if you do all the required maintance you can make any car last, also they are not race cars, Genesis's are, the V6's hold up well but have valve cover, timing cover, and oil pan leaks. Hope this was of worth.

30

I have a 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe with 175,xxx miles that just got its very first issue which is a bad power steering pump. They have the ability to be great little cars.

I have a 01hyundia Santa Fe it have 2000miles is that bad miles it gause keep going to hot stay up for a little while and come down what I need to check it run great I love my car

121,375

Cooling fan operation, coolant flow and air flow through the radiator, check the ability of the cooling system to hold specified pressure, thermostat, if it's never been replaced do it now, check for blown headgasket.

Do not buy!!!! I have a Hyundai Santa Fe with 143, 000 miles on it. I've repaired things on this SUV that I've never had to repair on any other car ever! Honda or Toyota. Just don't do it.

50

My Hyundai Santa Fe was new in 2005. 296,000+ miles. Built in Korea, not the U.S.A. In the last thirteen years have replaced many parts and some of the electronics, but the engine and transmission are original. Currently spending from $1,000 to $2,500 per year on repairs and maintenance. This car runs like a top and has never stranded me. I drive all over the U.S.A., pulling a small trailer or a boat. Has the the 3.5 liter six cylinder engine. 80 mph+ on Texas highways, no problem. This Santa Fe is heavy and solid for its "size" and has quality components. I cannot speak to the quality of those built in the U.S.A. Current models may not be built to the same standard, but this 2005 is amazing. No fluid leaks and every button, switch, etc. works. If you find a used 2005, under 200,000 miles, but built in Korea and well maintained, you could do worse.

My Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD is a 2011. I'm not sure if it's American made. I will look that up. I just replaced the radiator last month and it needs a oil pan. Also, the A/C unit is failing and needs to be replaced just in time for Spring & Summer. This SUV is really horrible. I've already spent $1200 in repairs from March -April 2018. I'm just going to drive it until it completely falls a part.

My Hyundai Santa Fe is American made. I just checked the VIN.

50

Yvette. The last year Hyundai Santa Fe was manufactured in Korea was 2006. Hyundai was breaking into the "better" car market to compete with Honda and Toyota. Sources I researched had the Santa Fe equal to or exceeding Honda and Toyota quality and features in 2005. The price was better, so I took a chance. Glad I did. Manufacture was move to the U.S.A. in 2007, and it appears Hyundai used it's well earned reputation to get sales while allowing quality to fall to "acceptable levels". I do not plan to buy another Hyundai, but hope to drive my "cherry" for several more years. B

10

I'm looking to buy a 2002 Hyundai Santa Fa . It as 160k miles . How long will I get out of this truck ?

121,375

It's been my experance with Hyundai's that they don't last long. With that kind of mileage and it's age it could up and go at anytime. Stay away from any used Mitsubushi, Kia and Hyundai, if your wanting an Asian import look for Toyota or Honda. Also stay away from anything European unless you have deep pockets for parts and labor costs. HTH

10

We own two 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe's. One SE and one Limited. Both V6 3.3L FWD. Both have crossed 200,000. Highway miles. One at 202,000 the other at 200,000. We are planning on 300K. Fingers crossed. We change the oil with Mobil One synthetic every 3000-5000 miles! Mostly 3000 miles regardless. Expensive but worth it. Hate car pmts. Original engines and transmissions. Done some suspension work on both. One was under warranty. Both around $600. Brakes a few times just from the mileage. Planning on major tune ups i.e. timing chain, plugs, water pump while they are in there. Gas gauges failed in both miles that should have been a recall, but wasn't. A $900 repair. Reliable vehicles we love them and the cost to maintain has been very easy considering how long we have had them. Hate the new Santa Fes now that have gone the sedan/crossover route away from the SUV height and feel. Disappointing.