AC

Asked by Sep 12, 2016 at 08:09 PM about the Pontiac G5

2007 Pontiac G5. Entire A/C system replaced. Worked for 1 day. Was told
needed Coolant Temperature sensor. Replaced. Worked 1 day. Now told
maybe Thermostat. When I replace this and it still doesn't work, what then?
I'm thinking Electrical. Any guess?

6,795

Temp sensor or thermostat do not affect ac turning on. Check to see if clutch is engaging when you turn ac on, it may be low on gas,

Entire A/C system was just changed @ a shop. They obviously charged the system. The work was done less than a month ago.

6,795

But if there's a leak it will loose the gas. Is the clutch engaging when u turn the ac on

ENTIRE SYSTEM WAS JUST CHANGED. GAS IS FULL. NO LEAK.. WHEN WE RESET THE SYSTEM BY DISCONNECTING THE NEGATIVE BATTERY CABLE FOR HALF HOUR, THE AC WORKED FOR 1 DAY, THEN STOPPED WORKING. GOING TO RESET THE SYSTEM AGAIN TODAY. WILL GET BACK TO YOU AND LET YOU KNOW IF AC WORKS AFTER DOING THIS.

Daughter brought her car by last night. Took neg cable off battery for 25 minutes. Reconnected the cable. Check engine light went off & the AC worked well! Talked to her this morning. On the way to work,(15 minute drive), the AC stopped working & the check engine light came on. We know, since the AC works intermittently the system has plenty of refrigerant(we also had it checked); the system is full. I've NEVER heard of this before. Do you have any suggestions? She's mad because even though this was under warranty, she still is out $150.00 and didn't have her car for 2 weeks! Thanks!

Talked to dealer who believes may be electrical. That's what I was thinking. Any other ideas?

6,795

What's the check engine code that's giving u, that might give u a clue, if comouter is detecting some particular issue or overload on engine, it may be disabling the AC

Talked to my Daughter. She's going to Auto zone on Saturday and have the code checked. Thanks for the suggestion!