is this a reliable car

Asked by Dec 31, 2016 at 10:22 AM about the Land Rover LR2

any known problems

52,655

Used Land Rovers are some of the most unreliable vehicles on the road here in the USA.

22,335

WOW Bob, more unreliable than Subarus?

52,655

Yes, this is one vehicle that is worse than a Subaru. Mini is probably another.

22,335

Yes - I have heard that Mini Cooper's are problematic cars, interesting that they are a division of BMW, also sometimes have expensive repairs. A friend just bought a JEEP. Chrysler products have NEVER impressed me, what's your take on Chrysler?

52,655

Chrysler? No way as they are owned by Fiat which stands for "Fix It Again Tony". Chrysler makes some good looking cars and most are lacking in the quality and reliability departments. Jeeps, have a great name and heritage, but poor reliability.

22,335

Bob, yes, I agree..... If my friend wanted an off road vehicle.. besides the Subaru Outback which car would you have suggested?? A lot of them don't have the ground clearance for this... Even though you're not a fan, it is competitive off light road.. I know, I've tried it. We went down an unmaintained road that was pretty much washed away in Sequoia Kings Canyon... It was some adventure and I'm glad we made it in and back approximately 3 miles. It would have been bad to get stuck or break down with NO CELL service out there.

22,335

See this list, http://www.motortrend.com/news/10-off-road-worthy-car-based- crossovers-suvs/

22,335

Here's a quote from the link I just sent, and a picture of the unmaintained road we took the car on. The road leads to the "Chicago Stump" a famous landmark in Sequoia Kings Canyon. The road got pretty knarly and rocky.. I'm glad it performed like a champ! "No other wagon is as capable off the beaten path as the Subaru Outback. Thanks to 8.7 inches of ground clearance and standard all- wheel drive, you’ll be able to trek through rocky trails and even get through small ravines. If you’ve got a lot of gear, the Outback comes with nifty roof rails with integrated crossbars for your bikes and has up to 73.3 cubic feet of cargo space with the second row folded."

20,015

Good for Parking it out in front the house ect. for all to see it and put Christmas lights on it and climbing hills "if its running" or letting the kids sit behind the wheel in the driveway and day dream about driving other cars when they get older. I saw one that looked real nice just a few years old and it was being towed around to open house showings by the realtor to use for a driveway Jewelry.