im thinking about buying a dodge ram. parents say dodges are junk. is this true?

Asked by Oct 26, 2013 at 08:13 PM about the Dodge Ram

Buy American...if you've any American pride left, buy a Dodge...even with it's flaws...chances are if you've had a problem, there is a recall or TSB on it and will get fixed for free because of it....Chevy...hell yes...Land American pride does not matter which American car you buy, but please support US Americans...who lay it on the line for YOU~

Best Answer Mark helpful

get a load of Kia...seem so nice walkin' in the footsteps of Honda or Toyota...but they do not have the materials or the know-how....they break down and wear out easy and are for all intents and purposes a (one time deal)~ Have a dream to one day make Mo-town back into motown rather than zombieland that one of the occupants had written on the wall there~ if we could be proud of Pontiac, Michigan and still buy castings from Cleveland, Gary and Milwaukee...rather than pay for international shipping so we can pay a Child 6 cents for a ten hour day...of course No child labor laws there~~need I go on...a collective disgrace to the American way is what we've been handed, witnessed the crumbling of the American manufacturing sector in 1988 at Kempsmith~

My Brother-In-Law has an '06 Dodge Ram and loves it. Bought it used too. He's had his for about 2 years now and has had only 2 issues. The key fob broke and he had to have the exhaust system repaired. Otherwise it's been a good truck. Personally I prefer Chevy or Ford trucks. But that's just me. HTH. -Jim

A lot of problems come from lack of maintenance.

hmmm, you are on a Dodge page asking whether or not Dodges are junk. I will put my 14 Ram hemi up against any other truck out there. my first Mopar was a 67 GTX and that ran like a scalded cat lol. used to love blowing bowties and blue ovals off the track.

All vehicles are good if they take you to work and back ,to school and back, and never break down ,as the previous poster stated its all about maintenence, I have seen them ALL go one time or another from lack of any MAINTENENCE