Squeak in dodge nitro's Wheel Suspension

135

Asked by Jul 14, 2011 at 08:29 AM about the Dodge Nitro

My Nitro makes a squeak every time driven over a bumpy zebra crossion or uneven path, even some holes in the
street. as well i feel a bit unstable the wheels. do you have any ideas why is presenting all this? or what should i do?
i left my dodge in 2 different pitstop garages to check but they say there is nothing wrong with it. one of them is
the garage that did the whole service. i feel the dodge different and i dont think this is normal.
i appreciate any reply.
Regards.  

30

I have a 08 dodge nitro and I have the same problem as well, I took off the right front tire( cause thats were it sounds like it is coming from) thinking it was the brakes or maybe a rock got into the brakes, but found nothing, was wondering if you ever figured out what was wrong with your, thank you for your time.

135

Hi Owen, yeah... i have replaced all tires, break pads including the hand break system... was need it anyways but never sorted the problem.. Now for some reason i took the motorway 2 hrs on it at 120 all way through and the noise it's gone ... not sure what it's the reason for it or the link... but i hope it doesn't come back. Now saying that a friend of mine has the same issue with his 2010 BMW ... and i heard from a mechanic that the suspension sometimes loose the adjustment specially when u fall in a deep crater in only 1 wheel.. don't know if that has any true in it... Let me know if you get it sort it or if a long trip with no craters in the road helps! Regards and Happy New Year.

135

Hi Guys, i have found the problem of this annoying noise in the front part of my nitro, every time i drove over a bump or small crater in the road. It is pretty simple and cheap. there is a wear of a rubber in the stabilizer bar, which is like a U shape. If you have this problem, you need to replace the rubber and annoying noise, gone!!! Good luck, please let me know how you get on.

I have had the same problem....with noise from the front tire. The driver side tire was first and a few days later the wheel came off. I was told that it was the ball joint. We got the part fixed and heard a popping noise every time I turned a corner. This time it was on the front passenger side. We took it in and was told it was nothing. However last week that tire came off as I was turning a corner( I had my 4 year old with me). Now they are saying the same thing. Word of advice.....if you have this car or are looking at this car......DON'T BUY!!!!!! Can't wait to get rid of this death trap!!!!!