Vibrations at app. 2000 RPM

Asked by Sep 14, 2015 at 05:45 AM about the Dodge Coronet

Hi,

my dodge Coronet has some massive vibration at app. 2000 rpm. (Idle of by drive)
could it be that the clutch is not in a central postion mounted, by the preowner? Vibrations comes in every postion of the clutch-pedal.
is this phenomoen known by someone?

104,215

Hi not sure if you are going to find much information here for your 51, you might want to try some Coronet fourms, or maybe a Coronet Facebook page for Coronets.

47,855

Clutch would be centered or it would not have been possible to install the transmission. Possibly the clutch pressure plate bolts are loose, There is a problem with the input bearing on the transmission, the flywheel is loose or the flywheel is the wrong one (just guessing). What size engine and what year Coronet?

Thank you bob. Its a flat six, gyromatic, from 1951.

47,855

You may have to do some dis-assembly to find the problem. Is the engine running fine or is it miss firing? If it is miss-firing it could cause a vibration. When was the last time it did not have a vibration?