For the FJ lovers

25

Asked by Feb 16, 2008 at 12:39 PM about the Toyota FJ Cruiser

I was wondering if anyone that owns an FJ, and if they like it alot? I think it is one of the coolest vehicles on the market. I just want a perspective from an owner.
Thankyou.

7,035

They are "cool" looking but they have their flaws, Premium fuel only, and for what you get I think they are over priced. I had a 07, I had it for 5 months, (It didn't do so well when it got hit parked on the road in town). I also thought that it was an expensive car to insure. I know that I wouldn't of gone way off-road in mine, but the "light off road" trips and bad weather it was ok. The 5 months that I had it, I had to take it to the shop 3 times, once for a rattle they couldn't figure out, I had a oil leak and the other trip was for a no-start. My buddys called it the Fake Jeep (FJ). So to make a long story short, Costly to insure, Prem fuel only (and they dont get good mileage to begin with). And I had some trips to the Dealer. So if none of this is a concern (mostly cost to operate). Enjoy. Best of luck.

65

I have had my FJ since Oct '06. I absolutely love it. I have never had any mechanical issues at all. It does great off road. The other member called it the Fake Jeep, which is completely untrue. Jeep really doesn't have much that can compete with the FJ. The Wrangler is great off road, but not on road; the FJ is very close to the off road capability of the Wrangler, but much more capable on road. None of the other Jeeps can come close to the abilities of the FJ off the pavement. If you do purchase an FJ and plan to take it off road there are certain changes that you should make. First of all, no running boards, if you take it off road they will quickly get damaged or just torn off. Second, get tires made for the job.

95

I love my FJ, awesome engine and tranny, will blow a Jeeps doors off on and off road, that I can promise you. I take mine Off-Road quite often and it amazes people what this thing can do and not bad on Roadtrips as well. The only downside is that is has some blindspots and the premium fuel, although I just used Mid Grade in mine and its fine.Cant go wrong with a Toyota Truck, its my fourth one

75

i looooove mine. goes every were drives nice . never had one prob mpg ant great but compared to a jeep(jeeps are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow to drive i feel like im driving a lawn mower) the fj is just built solid i found the jeeps flimsy uncomfortable and really clanky over priced Junk Every Entire Parts