BAS/ESP light and Check Engine Light

150

Asked by Jun 24, 2009 at 05:39 PM about the Mercedes-Benz M-Class

The BAS/ESP light comes off and on.  I have replaced the brake light switch and a brake sensor but the light still comes on?  What else could be going on?  Thanks!

70

You need to have it checked for codes with an SDS instead of throwing parts at it, but a stop lamp switch is always a good/cheap part to try first. The check engine light could be numerous items, or even a loose gas cap. Don't top off that fuel tank, when it clicks off at the pump don't round off to the next dollar.

145

The early BAS/ESP, models have sufered of early build problems as was read all over the press on the E-Klass, this could be what is happening also to your ML, did you raise the issue with your Mercedes-Benz dealer??? if not, it would be advisable

7,325

my 300C has the exact same sensor that came on and off for a while but only in the winter when the battery would have to work harder to crank over the engine. so i called the dealership and they told me that when the battery starts to become weak it sometimes the cars sensors do get the proper reads as the car starts. how old is your car? battery needs to be replaced at roughly 3 years on newer vehicles.

150

thanks.... the brake light switch and replacement brake sensor were the suggestion and direction of a certified mercedes repair center... it seems like they don't know what's going on.... i will check out the stop lamp switch... thanks again

150

my ML is a 2000... i will check on the battery replacement as well... thanks

575

my ml 320 is stuck i cant even shift.the bas esp lights on.what is gonne the problem.thkx

7,325

Did you put the car in park and turn the key off lettig the car sit for 30 seconds then retrying? A lot of times it's just a false code.

60

Make sure that the battery is not just 12 v but also 950 c. most smale batteries are 750. in my 01 ml the battery is 950 c but when I went to check and see if the battery reads 12 v and 950 c, it was 12 v but the c was 350 not 950 like it should be. I replaced the battery and never saw the lights for esp on again. Good luck.

80

It should be your battery going dead. You need to replace it. This just happend to me. I ignored the BAS/ESP signal and yesterday my car dint start because the battery was completely dead. It dint even star when i tried to jump it. I replaced the battery and my car started right up.

910

my car ml320 had new battery also but sill bas/esp came on. yellow circular or triangle light came on and gone and then bas/esp came on. why???

1,170

hi, i have an ML 320 01 the problem is i have the ABS and BAS ESP lights are always on .. and somtimes when i accelerate after 50 meters the car stop for a while , it slows down like its not taking gas anymore and the yellow triangle start flashing and then it goes back normaly ... any help plz

570

The BAS/ESP light comes off and on, but sometiimes when drive car nothing come, BAS/ESP always come on anytimes it like. No idea solve it, please help Thanks!

30

Our 1999 ML320 had a seriously defective brake light switch. I replaced it and the light is off. The old switch not only had a stuck plunger but it was damaged as if it had been hit with a hammer. There was one electrical contact exposed and it might have heated and melted the case.