Car will not start after fuel filter change

Asked by Nov 18, 2015 at 12:38 AM about the Honda Fit

Hi I have change my 2002 Honda Fit's fuel filter and the spark plugs.  At first the car could just idle, but I could not push the accelerator, then the engine would starve and died.  I decided to take all new parts out and replace with the old part, in the hope that it will solve the problem, but it didn't.  Now the car don't even want to start at all.  What could be the problem?  I have it at the mechanic at the moment, but he can't find the problem either.

It may be possible to install the filter backwards. Did you install the fuel filer with the correct flow direction? If it was installed backwards you might not get much if any fuel flow.

Hi yes, I am sure that I have installed it the correct way. The mechanic also say that there is nothing wrong with the fuel flow. Could something possibly went wrong with the fuel pressure? Thanks

This is a wild guess but did you remove the plastic plugs that came in the filter inlet/outlet? If one of those was left in, it would block the fuel flow.

Thanks for the answer, I appreciate the help. I could not see any plastic plugs or other restrictions in the filter inlet or return. It have tree nozzles, but non of those have any plugs on.

What ever the problem is, I would assume that it is not a coincidence and is related to the filter replacement. Use that as a clue. Good Luck!

Yes thanks. I am full of regrets at this stage, that I wanted to change the petrol filer!

I bought a new Subaru lemon hence the name.