How is the air conditioning on the Honda Fit?

Asked by Mar 24, 2015 at 01:44 PM about the Honda Fit

Hi,

I am planning on buying a Honda Fit soon.  I live in Austin, TX where it is very sunny and often very hot in the summer.  I read about a man in Las Vegas, Nevada that said the a/c was not adequate there on a Honda Fit.  How is the air conditioning on your Honda Fit?

20

I haven't had any problems with my AC. In summer, it often gets over 100 degrees where I live and after being parked in the sun all day, it takes a few minutes to cool off, but no more than any other car I have owned.

Do not buy a fit. They are horrible cars. My wife and I own a 2008 model and it has been nothing but trouble--engine issues, a windshield that cracked when we breathed on it, a bum AC switch from the moment the warranty ended, frequent coil failures and more. Also, it is a horribly uncomfortable car to drive. It is one rolling blind spot. The A-Pillars are huge due to the side curtain airbags. You actually have to move your upper body to see around them. If you live anywhere with hills, you will scrap the bottom of the air dam when exiting driveways. Eventually this will where away the plastic pieces that hold the front end together. The gas pedal also has about 1/16th of inch of functional travel. I at least cannot find a comfortable way to rest my foot and operate the car within the speed limit. Thus, there is a tendency to gradually speed up as my leg gets fatigued from actively holding my foot up. Picked up a couple of tickets over this. Cruise control is a ready work around, except if there is traffic and you can't use it. In close quarters driving where you have to have command of the throttle, the muscle on the front of my shin begins to cramp and ache after about 30 minutes. The seats also do not provide adequate lower back and leg support. I am not a large person--5'9", 32" inseam--and I ache after a long trip in it. Indeed, avoid the fit, a car that would be better named after a four letter word that rhymes with it.