why wont my ramcharger start?

Asked by Feb 13, 2007 at 06:50 AM about the Dodge Ramcharger

I Have a ramcharger that wont start. I just bought it from a guy. It started when i checked it out but it wont start after i turn it off. I got a new battery and it still does the same.
I get just a click, sometimes the starter turns but then it gets slower untill it goes back to the clicking. I need help with this!

18,475

Hello, That stinks =( Here is a great site for diagnosing no-start problems: http://autorepair.about.com/cs/troubleshooting/a/bl304a.htm Hopefully, you will be able to see what is wrong with your vehicle, and even more hopefully, the guy you bought it from will help you pay for any repairs! Best of luck! CarGrrl

Best Answer Mark helpful

Thanks for the fast response carGrrl! I have always wanted one of these trucks and now i'm stuck with a piece of junk. Ha! Oh well! I learn everything the hard way. Thanks again!

18,475

Hello again, No problem. I hate reading stories like this! The good thing about the no-start problem is that it *can* be diagnosed, and will hopefully be something minor. I hope it all works out!! CarGrrl

220

check chassis grounds over time they go bad Chrysler had a problem with this replace as necissary

5

Hey mine did the same thing, the problem with mine was the starter, it had ceased up. Take off your starter and run a current through it to see if it turns over if not then you have a bad starter.

80

i just bought a 74 dodge ramcharger i drove it all day it was fun and didint trip on me or turn off but once i parked it ,it wouldnt turn back on i dont even get a click what do i do?