Starting/ ignition

50

Asked by Jan 03, 2008 at 04:53 PM about the Dodge Ram Van

My engine don't crank, plenty of juice in the battery no clicking from the stater, could this be a starter relay? coil? sarter selinoid? I hear 1 click under the dash, all my electrial works great....but no crank ! Any suggestion kids?

Chile

50

Please no cracks about the spelling kids thanks! Chile

415

do you have manual or auto?

50

auto..ry

44,255

Sounds like the starter/starter solenoid has packed it in. They are most often replaced as a unit nowadays, as most vehicles have the solenoid mounted right on the starter. This should fix your problem.

50

Well it isn't my starter..I had it checked,replaced the ignition switch & starter relay....I took off the positive and ground cables,on each,I held them to a different battery and touch some raw metal and got plenty of spark so I know juice is going through them.....Does anyone have any other ideas?

try crank scensor and coil pak,first pull a spark plug to see if getting fire to plugs .and are you getting gas to throtle body ,if not bad fuel pump.

50

Thanks Pop.....It did turn at the fly wheel so not froze up.....Took out starter ,cables, battery....put starter back in ,hooked up battery to starter on the ground then touched starter and it did crank.....cables look good....put it allback together and it started up,not sure what it was or what I did...must of been a bad conection......little ,Pop...thanks for helping out,I think this forum is great. Chile

10

Change out the ignition.

70

Could be as simple as the Throttle Position Sensor and what's nice is it's a part you can change yourself.

12,435

have your wife or kid try to turn the truck over while you tap it with a hammer