rear dome light and door lights stay on

Asked by May 05, 2012 at 11:07 PM about the Mercedes-Benz 560-Class

1986 Mercedes 560SEL:  This question was edited.  Not only was the rear dome light on, but the rear door lights were also on. When I was driving I noticed that the rear dome light was on. After parking, I noticed the door rear door lights were also on.  I opened all doors and shut them to make sure a door was not open. After doing this the light went out.  The next time I was drivng i noticed the lights were on again.  I opened/shut all doors again but the lights remained on.  They intermitantly go off and on.  They are are now and my car is setting in the garage with all the doors shut.

111,105

Sounds like a door switch going or gone bad. Try opening one door at a time and manually working its switch with finger repeatedly. Or if you can get to the wires unhook them. When you find the one that makes them go out replace that switch.

1,585

Check the switch on your dash that has an icon that looks like a sunrise. It is the manual over-ride switch for the rear courtesy lights.