How to stop that damn annoying seatbelt chime on a 2012 Dodge Caravan

Asked by Apr 28, 2016 at 07:29 AM about the Dodge Caravan

How to stop that damn annoying seatbelt chime on
a 2012 Dodge Caravan

236,935

Put your belt on?

12,035

Chrysler does not recommend deactivating the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert). If YOU do this, you can't blame them if you don't buckle your seat belt and get injured. BUT the U.S.A. is still a free country. Get in the driver's seat of the car. Put the key in the ignition, but don't turn it on. Buckle your seat belt. Pull a bunch of seat belt slack out so you can have some room to work. Turn the key to the on position (you don't need to start the car) and wait for the seat belt warning light to turn off. Unbuckle the seat belt, and wait for the seat belt warning light to go on. Buckle the seat belt and wait for the seat belt warning light to go off. Repeat the above two steps, buckling and unbuckling the seat belt 2 more times ending up with the seat belt buckled. Be sure to wait for the light to turn on or off each time. You must complete this within 60 seconds. If you hear a chime while doing this, turn off the car and start over. Turn off the car. When you do, a single chime will be heard to let you know you have successfully completed the programming. If you don't hear the chime, you'll have to start the entire process over again.

21,965

find the little bell/demon- it's under the dash- maybe only a few screws to take off the plastic cover- find it and rip its little plug out- this is like some kinda 3D detective game- have fun!